Qualifications & Practice Details
License Number: 37PC00524400
License State/Territory: New Jersey
Date License Granted: July 27, 2015
Years in Practice: 5+
Ph.D. (Counselor Education)
Board certified National Certified Counselor (NCC)
Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS)
Insurance Plans: Out-of Network, EAP affiliate
Prescribe Medication: No
Types of ClientsAdults
Session TypesIn Person
- In my private practice, I work with adults challenged by internal stressors related to mood and cognitive disturbances such as anxiety, depression, anger, grief, automatic thoughts, fixed beliefs, delusions, and self-exploration.
- I also work with clients who struggle to cope with external stressors coming from life transitions (school, relationships, marriage, parenthood, intergenerational conflicts, employment, work stress/work-life balance, medical conditions, eldercare).
- My practice is open to clients exploring their identity, be it personal, cultural, spiritual, gender, or intersectional. I consider myself a strong ally for clients aligned with LGBTQ+ identities.
- I specialize in working with persons from international backgrounds encountering acculturation challenges (cultural differences in attitudes, values and practices).
- I offer my professional services as well as volunteerism to promote awareness for psycho-emotional wellness in the South Asian community.
- I speak fluent English, Tamil and Hindi and have a working knowledge of several other Indian languages, as well as conversational German.